Achievements so far
Over the last 5 years, your support has enabled us to…
- Secure almost £8 million for the arts in Doncaster, mostly as new investment into the borough.
- Welcome over 40,000 visits to 800 events every year at The Point, our town centre venue.
- Act as lead partner on Right Up Our Street along with Cast, Doncaster Culture & leisure Trust and Doncaster Voluntary Arts Network- together we have already engaged over 50,000 people in the arts (67% of them for the first time!) and attracted 10,000 visitors into the borough.
- Join with partner, Doncaster Music Service, to run Doncaster Music Education Hub described by Arts Council England as “an exemplary partnership” and “an example of outstanding practice in cross local authority partnership working”.
- Engage with 97.6% of Doncaster schools through Doncaster Music Education Hub against a national average of 77.6%.
- Help more children achieve Arts Awards than any other agency in Yorkshire – we are among the highest ten performing nationally!
- Establish Creative Directions, an arts based recovery programme for adults with long-term mental health conditions. Core funding is secured for five years to support over 200 people a year. The programme is achieving strong outcomes – 82% feel better about themselves, 95% feel less isolated and 95% are engaging in more activities as a result of attending Creative Directions.