Terms and ConditionsBack to top
The term darts (Doncaster Community Arts) or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is The Point, 16 South Parade, Doncaster, DN1 2DR. Our company registration number is 3166208. We are also a Registered Charity (registration number 1056799). The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and in order to create reports. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. The only cookies in use on our site are for Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analytics tool that helps website owners understand how visitors engage with their website. Google Analytics customers can view a variety of reports about how visitors interact with their website so that they can improve it. Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track visitor interactions as in our case, where they are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We then use the information to compile reports and to help us improve our site. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. These cookies are used to store information, such as the time that the current visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the site before and what site referred the visitor to the web page. Google Analytics collects information anonymously. It reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site – for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this Google page.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
darts (Doncaster Community Arts) may update this policy. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01.03.18.
darts (Doncaster Community Arts) is a registered Charity and our registration number is: 1056799.
We comply with the Data Protection Act 1998. All electronic communications are made in accordance with The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
darts (Doncaster Community Arts) is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We collect the personal data that you volunteer as part of booking on events/workshops/projects, signing up for e-newsletters, attending sessions as a participant, becoming a volunteer, member or trustee, engaging in fundraising activity or making a donation. Personal information that we collect may include:
• Your full name, title and date of birth / age range
• Your postal address, e-mail address and phone number
• Current interests as volunteered by you
• Diversity monitoring information as volunteered by you
We will also collect and hold information about any contact you have with us as a visitor, participant, donor or supporter of darts (Doncaster Community Arts). This is so that we can track attendance, communicate with you during your engagement in a project, evaluate the impact of our work and report back to the organisations that fund our programmes. We may also use this information to improve our programmes, products and services.
Ways we collect information might include:
• Ticket purchases/booking and event/workshop/project attendance (at The Point or at external venues)
• Volunteer hours
• Retail purchases
• Gallery visits
• Contact preferences
• Gift/donation information, including payment details where applicable
• Gift Aid status
• Details of correspondence sent to you, or received from you
• Donor status
• Diversity monitoring information
• Any other information provided by you at the request of darts (Doncaster Community Arts)
We may also use profiling and screening techniques to analyse your personal data and create a profile of your interests and preferences. We will do this in a transparent and legitimate way and will communicate what we are doing, ensuring that you have the opportunity to opt out. Gathering information in this way might make use of additional information about you, including where you live, your age (or other demographic information) and other information and measures of wealth, when it is available from external sources such as public registers, online (including Companies House, the Charity Commission, LinkedIn or records that you have made public on social media) or the electoral roll. We may use third party suppliers to undertake these activities on our behalf. This helps us understand a bit more about the people who support us or might support us, so that we can make appropriate requests to those who may be able and willing to give, enabling us to raise funds to support our charitable work sooner and in a more tailored way than we otherwise would.
When we ask you to provide your personal information, we will let you know why we are asking and how we will use your data, by directing you towards this notice.
Where we are approaching potential corporate or Trust partners, we will follow a Legitimate Interest Assessment to ensure we have legitimate reason to contact an individual, that any direct contact is in a professional context, that the individual concerned knows that we are processing their data and for what purpose, and that they have the option to opt out of further communications if they wish.
Depending on your relationship with darts (Doncaster Community Arts), and the preferences you have indicated, data we hold may be used by us for the following purposes:
• To send you promotional, marketing or fundraising information by post, telephone or electronic means
• To inform you of other products, services or events related to darts (Doncaster Community Arts), such as exhibitions, events, volunteering opportunities, or retail offers.
• News and updates about darts (Doncaster Community Arts) and marketing or supporter e-newsletters
• Information on our fundraising operations, including occasional targeted requests to consider giving financial support to darts (Doncaster Community Arts), or to ask you to consider supporting us in other ways
• Other relevant communications based upon your relationship with darts (Doncaster Community Arts), including direct contact during a project that you are participating in
We understand that your personal information and privacy are important to you. We make every effort to ensure that the information you share with us is recorded accurately, retained securely and used only according to your wishes. We protect your personal information and adhere to all current data protection act legislation with respect to protecting privacy. We do not give out, sell or trade our mailing list data with third parties. The information you provide will be used primarily to protect your purchases and attendance at events and also keep you informed about the activities of darts (Doncaster Community Arts). The information we share with funders is always anonymous and enables us to demonstrate the impacts of our work and the difference that the funding has made.
We will hold personal data on our internal systems for a maximum of 10 years before contacting you to check that you are still happy for us to keep your data for the original reasons that you identified. Automatic database cleansing will also take place through MailChimp’s management of our e-communications system. MailChimp is the electronic system we use for storing and managing personal data of those wishing to receive e-newsletters from us.
You can sign up to e-communications (newsletter emails) on our website, by e-mailing us or by completing a postcard/form to keep you in touch with news, events, fundraising activity and current opportunities. You can opt out of receiving information at any time by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of an email you have received from us, by emailing email@example.com or telephone 01302 341662.
If you are booking onto an event over the telephone, we will ask you for your consent to keep the data you give on our internal systems for monitoring. We will also ask you whether you would like to opt in to receive our newsletter by e-mail to keep you in touch with news, events, fundraising campaigns and current opportunities. We will follow this up with an e-mail to confirm your booking and to give you the opportunity to opt out of receiving the newsletter if necessary.
When you attend a darts (Doncaster Community Arts) workshop, session or event, you may be asked to complete a registration form or asked for your contact details for a register. Information about opting in will be clearly stated at the top of the registration form and register. By completing the forms and registers, you are giving us permission to hold the personal information given for monitoring and reporting purposes. We may also contact you during that project for administrative reasons e.g. to provide specific information about the project – change of time/venue or a session cancellation.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or post. We may use the information to customise the website and our programmes according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We use Google Analytics to do this. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
• If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you relevant promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to The Point, 16 South Parade, Doncaster, DN1 2DR.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The data controller and data protection officer for darts (Doncaster Community Arts) is Duncan Robertshaw – 01302 341662. If you are unhappy with the way that we have handled your data, do contact us to discuss how we could improve our processes. If you still have a concern about our information rights practices, you are entitled to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on 0303 123 1113 or via their website https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
DisclaimerBack to top
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by darts (Doncaster Community Arts) and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
- In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
- Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of darts (Doncaster Community Arts). We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
- Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, darts (Doncaster Community Arts) takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
- Every effort has been made to ensure that the website is free from viruses, but darts (Doncaster Community Arts) offers no warranties that its site is free from viruses, and the user is responsible for ensuring that they have installed adequate virus-checking software.
Copyright NoticeBack to top
This website and its content is copyright of darts (Doncaster Community Arts) – © darts (Doncaster Community Arts) 2017. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.